Kim Says

…laughing all the way

Kim Says header image 2
Payday loans

Just One Day

April 1st, 2009 · No Comments

On a normal work day, I usually have a lot of paperwork to do. I draft documents, meet with clients and generally keep this office running as smoothly as possible. It’s not so easy keeping 4 grown men organized, ya know. (Boys are messy no matter what their age.)

So I am commonly found either sitting at my desk and playing on this computer or tucked away in the file room. It’s not a tough job, but someone has to do it.

However, when I unexpectedly have a day off (Boss heads out of town) I have an entire day to work around my house uninterrupted. Working around my house entails more work than I have ever done at my job!

Example: Tuesday I woke up around 9 a.m. after a restless sleep due to spring storms in The Ham. I started my day by making my usual list of things to do while drinking a cup of tea. I put a 3rd coat of stain on my new kitchen cabinets, cleaned out the cat box, pig cage and of course fresh food and water for both. Took out the trash. Mopped the kitchen and bathroom floors, unloaded, reloaded dishwasher and three loads of laundry completed. I dusted the living room and ran the sweeper on the entire first floor. I scrubbed two toilets and changed all of the toilet paper rolls (yes, I am the only one who actually knows how to do this job.) I took a shower and started the errand run. First, Hubby broke his glasses and refused to go alone to pick out new frames. (Said he just wasn’t going to go there.) We went to Lenscrafters, the printing company, Staples, got my oil changed, yelled at my mechanic and promised to haunt him again on Friday morning, went back to Lenscrafters to pick up the glasses and stopped at Sears to make a payment on my account.  After returning home, I made dinner, cleaned up the kitchen and put a coat of polyurethane on my cabinets. I went into my home office, replaced the ink cartridges from Staples, wrote several letters to family, printed off pictures from Disney to share with them and wrote out a few bills. Finally, at about 7:30 I changed into comfy clothes, sat on my ass and watched Idol while the spoiled cat tried to nudge me out of my spot on the couch.

Today, I am back at work, sitting on my ass and writing a blog post. Phew! It’s good to be back at work.

Tags: Adventures · Biographical

0 responses so far ↓

  • There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.

Leave a Comment